Join us on this 90-minute walk tour of inner city Wellington, New Zealand. Most of the walk is on the flat using accessible public footpaths.
- Early female impersonators
- The Salvation Army and homosexual law reform
- Community icons giving back
- Social meeting places
- Infamous local hate crimes
- A landmark church service on homosexuality
Next tour: 1pm, Sunday 1 October 2017
Starts: Pukeahu Park (meet at the bottom of the steps to the war memorial), Tory Street
Ends: St Peter’s church, Willis Street
Duration: 90 minutes
Cost / Bookings: free – no need to book. Just turn up, but please check the Facebook page for weather related cancellations.
Areas covered: Pukeahu Park, Tory Street, Vivian Street, Cuba Street and Willis Street.
Previous tour dates: –